Service Transition Manager
Hybrid, 3 days on site per week, London
Active SC would be advantageous
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced Service Transition Manager to lead in bringing enhanced and new services into what is a key government asset. Working within a specialist services company you will drive and/or create the necessary artefacts to help the client organisation deliver rapid change. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and a pragmatic approach to getting change through an ITIL based service organisation.
To rapidly introduce new or changed Services into the IT Operating Model. and establish the best practice for the process of managing Service Design & Service Level Packages for day-to-day operation. Act as the first point of contact of internal and external customers for producing and reviewing Service Designs & Transition plans for new or amended services. In conjunction with Project Delivery and the Service Owners, design Services that meet non-functional requirements and fit within the Service Portfolio.
What will you be doing?
- Accountable and responsible for the production of all Service Introduction artefacts, including Service Definitions, Service Catalogue entries, Service Level Agreements and Total Cost of Ownership for handing over to operational support teams. Maintaining an archive of artefacts made available to internal & external stakeholders. Influence all senior stakeholders such as, Business Analysts and Project Delivery aligning to the activities of the Project Lifecycle to deliver Service Design Packages that are fit-for-purpose and align with the Service Portfolio and IT operating model.
- Build and maintain internal and external relationships at senior stakeholder level in order to articulate and guide projects and programmes in accordance with the agreed delivery lifecycle providing for a demand and resource plan to be maintained and managed
- Input to and be accountable for Service Design & Transition financial budget to meet business objectives cost effectively.
- Accountable for the creation and negotiation of SLAs, gathering the service requirements understanding and documenting them along with the negotiation of the levels of service to be delivered with the customer and the production and negotiation of OLAs and Underpinning Contracts that underpin the customer SLAs.
- Key member of the Product Design Authority that makes sure that proposed solutions fit within the IT Operating model and IT Strategy. Provide associated KPI, Metrics and reporting to support the Service Design & Transition process to provide governance so that adequate risk and issue management has been undertaken and all acceptance criteria and Go Live requirements have been met.
- Proven experience in Service Management.
- This role is aligned to the ITIL framework, therefore ITIL v3 qualified to Service Design & Transition Lifecycle/Capabilities (Intermediate Level) or equivalent experience
- Understanding of risk management
- Experienced process owner and team player
- Good communicator across all levels
- Good understanding & experience of using service management tools
- Previous experience working in Central Government, Defence and/or Intelligence Communities
- Formal Project and Programme Management qualifications such as PRINCE2 and MSP or equivalent experience
- ITIL V3 qualified to Manager/Expert level or equivalent experience
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of organisation policy framework, management structures and reporting procedures
If you are interested, apply here!!