Human Factors Integration Engineer.
Outside IR35 Contract.
Defence Industry (UK).
UK Passport Holder required.
As the HFI Lead, you will contribute to the delivery of cutting-edge UK military force protection equipment. We are seeking a Human Factors Consultant to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment where you can make a significant impact on the defence capabilities of the United Kingdom.
- SC clearance.
- Extensive experience in managing HFI (Human Factors Integration) workstreams in a defence setting.
- Extensive experience in managing projects that have a human machine interface component.
- You must be proficient in applying Def Stan 00-251, and working to compliance with JSP 912.
- Leadership of allocated resources, progress reporting and operating across multiple projects.
- Engaging a wide user community and translation of insights into innovative design requirements.
Summary of role:
- Conducting HFI activities on mounted and dismounted systems, such as:
- Interfacing with the safety and engineering teams to ensure the incorporation of Human Factors requirements in design.
- Planning and execution of user research, stakeholder interviews, and HFI trials.
- Managing the HFI Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies and Opportunities (RAIDO) and HFI Considerations, including ensuring mitigation actions are implemented.
- Developing and managing project deliverables, such as Human Factors Integration Plan (HFIP), Task Analysis, Human Machine Interface (HMI)/ Human Computer Interface (HCI) design specifications, style guides, trial specification(s), trial report(s).
- Inputting into relevant procurement competitions (e.g., HMI)
- Managing HFI Working Groups and attending relevant project Working Groups; ensuring suitable HFI representation.
- Acting as the point of contact with the Authority for all matters relating to HFI.
- In this role you must be able to work full time.
- The majority of the work will be home based, however you will be required to travel occasionally for project meetings, stakeholder engagement, and HFI trials.
- Locations might include; Basildon, Bristol, and Cambridge, as well as other UK locations which are trial dependent. The base location for this role will be Basildon.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.