Delivery Lead – Fast-paced, agile-driven e-commerce transformation
Northwest based – Hybrid remote – some working in office possibly 1-2 times per week or every two weeks
Outside IR35, Day Rate – Flexible
- As the Delivery Lead, you will be accountable for delivering functional themes contributing to the customer’s new MVP digital product.
- You will be driving development output from the Squad, ensuring that their deliverables are sequenced and iterated in the most efficient manner, the highest quality standards are maintained and managing product owner’s expectations to achieve desired goals within the available timescales.
- You’ll have a strong track record of Software Delivery, ideally in an enterprise-level environment.
- Comfortable operating in task level detail, you will own Delivery of the Backlog
- Working in tandem with Product Owners, BA’s, UI/UX and Testers to achieve prioritised deliverables.
- Working in ambiguous situations will come naturally to you and you will be able to think on your feet and be extremely proactive, constantly striving to achieve positive outcomes amidst adversity.
More information about the role
As the Delivery Lead, you will be you will be accountable for the software development and leading the delivery team and whilst also facilitating conversations and engagements between the development team and their stakeholders.
To lead one of the software development teams including
- Agile Process Facilitation – facilitating the various ceremonies and processes required for a successful SCRUM team.
- Stakeholder Engagement Facilitation – facilitating engagements between the software development function and stakeholders across the business and externally.
- Software Deployment Facilitation – facilitates the deployment of software into test and production environments with appropriate controls.
- Reporting – works with the team to ensure that reporting metrics such as velocity and burndowns for the team are produced and transparent.
- Backlog Management – works with the product owner to manage the features backlog and plan the future roadmaps
- Impediment Removal – Constantly and consistently works to remove impediments and issues which are slowing down the development team.
About your experience
You’ll be a champion of Agile working practices with a background of mentoring squads to adhere to best practice.
You’ll have a strong track-record of Software Delivery ideally in an enterprise level environment.
Key experience required includes:
- Proven experience managing software development teams
- In depth knowledge of SCRUM and other agile lifecycles such as Kanban.
- Proven experience of working in an agile software development environment to deliver software products
- Experience of presenting to technical and non-technical audiences both in small interactive sessions and larger group settings.
- Experience of working with teams using automated testing frameworks and techniques such as TDD.
- Experience of working with CI/CD pipelines and establishing good development practices.
- A history of working within an organisation transitioning from a “buy first” to a “build first” mentality
- Experience of working in Greenfield product development
- A good understanding of services / micro-services based architectures and their benefits and drawbacks