Azure Cloud Operations Engineer, 3 months, £450-£550 per day a day, outside IR35
Location: Hybrid working, with travel to the Handforth, Cheshire
About The Role
The Cloud Operations Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting the Cloud Platform within client’s IT operations. With a focus on Azure the role is to ensure that cloud-based systems are running efficiently and effectively, meeting our performance, security, and reliability goals.
Key Responsibilities Will Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Provide operational support for the cloud platform with the potential of formulised out of hours cover via on call structure.
- Design and implement effective performance and availability monitoring dashboards.
- Creating and maintaining documentation to support processes within our landscape with a shift left approach.
- Working closely with Cloud Platform Engineers and Architecture to ensure solutions are well designed, supportable, and compliant within defined policies.
- Identify and drive improvement via automation across the platform.
- Champion best practice within the Cloud platforms.
- Opportunity to develop into a platform engineer.
About Your Experience
As a proven operational support specialist with a passion for cloud, you are likely to be excited by the prospect of joining a Cloud Platform team set for growth. You will be comfortable working as part of a wider technology team, in a highly visible and business facing role and will be equally as comfortable communicating with all stakeholders.
This role requires a breadth of skills and knowledge, including:
- Enterprise level experience providing support of cloud technology infrastructure.
- Public cloud offerings across PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- IT service management principles
- Supplier management
- Stakeholder management
- Identification of required change and ability to communicate with delivery leads to ensure appropriate prioritisation.
- Azure best practices (CAF)
- Technology support experience including several from:
- Monitoring tools and dashboards
- Server operating systems (Windows and Linux)
- Service availability along with Disaster recovery
- Message bus, file transfer, API
- Firewalls / NSG / ASG
- Azure AD
In Addition, The Following Would Be Advantageous
- Public cloud technology infrastructure operational support in a large retail / ecommerce enterprise
- Knowledge of Kusto Queries (KQL) to define highly customised monitoring and alerting rules.
- Previous experience of creating and deploying cloud solutions as Infrastructure as Code using Terraform and bicep.