3 months, potential view to extend
Up to £450 per day
My client, a fast-growing managed services provider is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to support the planning stage of a Data centre/ cloud migration project for a Higher Education client based on the south coast. This person will be responsible for engaging with stakeholders, staff, students, and associates to gather and document business and technical requirements and support the project team in the production of key artefacts including an Outline Business Case.
The assignment will be for an initial 3 months, commencing mid/end of February 2023 and is likely to extend if the Outline Business Case is approved. The role would therefore be suitable for a contractor, available in February and prepared to work on a short-term basis, but with strong opportunity for a longer-term assignment if the planning stage of the project is successful.
The business analyst would be supporting both the customer and the internal project team with the following deliverables and activities:
- As-Is Analysis – engaging with staff, students, and associates to gather and document business and technical requirements of the clients existing technology landscape (servers, services, applications). This activity would also involve identifying risks, quick wins, and opportunities to the existing service.
- To-Be Analysis – working with the client and the internal project team to provide recommendations on the future technology landscape. This activity would involve utilising the methodology, to classify and recommend suitability for cloud migration as well as an options appraisal to assess the benefits, costs, and risks of different hybrid cloud solutions.
- Gap Analysis – supporting the project team with the collation and documentation of all of the findings from the As-Is and To-Be into an Outline Business Case, including a recommendation on the preferred option / proposal and development of a roadmap / implementation plan.
- Experience of cloud migration projects and how challenges are addressed through client engagement and formal documentation of technical and business requirements
- Background in IT Infrastructure i.e. cloud hosting, compute, storage, data centre and server migrations
- Experience of analysing and documenting the current and future state of an organisations IT Infrastructure and conducting a gap analysis between the two
- Experience of creating system maps including dependencies and how they relate to business functions
- Ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders and cultures ideally public / higher education sector
- Understanding of business case development and conducting options appraisals including an assessment of the benefits, costs, and risks of different technology solutions
- Business focused but with ability to leverage and align technology benefits and articulate them to clients
- Excellent analytical, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of project management principles and planning – Prince2 and Agile
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel