Contracting Authority: Government Client
Security Clearance: DBS
Contract Length: 660 days
Location: London 2 days per week
• A thorough understanding of scrum agile development principles, with a willingness to adapt and learn.
• Detailed working knowledge of business intelligence, data warehousing, data modelling and dealing with big data (essential)
• Experience in and understanding of software development and delivery
• Certification in Product Ownership would be beneficial for roles in Technology Development
• A degree in a relevant technology/computer science subject/equivalent technical qualification
• Familiarity with using an agile planning, back log and tracking tool e.g. Team Foundation Server
• Knowledge of relevant national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT – e.g. Data Protection Act, EU Procurement Directives and Freedom of Information Act, including knowledge of basic confidentiality and data protection requirements that apply to the processing of customer information.
• Skilled at solving and communicating issues collaboratively, applying knowledge and technology to the full
• An able influencer of his/her team and of specialist peers within the department, and of customers and business stakeholders at a project level; makes priority and acceptance decisions that influence the success of team objectives.
• Skilled at multi-tasking and balancing a number of complex work activities including; requirements elicitation and management, interviewing skills, backlog refinement and estimation, prioritisation and acceptance management.
• Excellent oral and written communicator, having good interview and other interpersonal skills. This includes the ability to present and describe complex technical information in a way that non-technical stakeholders can assimilate the key points, as well as being able to present business value descriptions of requirements to a highly technical developer audience
• Skilled at systems analysis essential for data warehouse/analytics solution construction
Experience with delivering a product in one of the product categories available
• Successful experience in a dynamic environment, handling multiple tasks, ensuring quality on time to budget
• Experience or in-depth knowledge of an aspect of the public transport operating business (both operational and non-operational) desirable.
• Extensive experience and understanding of requirements elicitation, analysis, documentation, and validation, in a business sector close to the system being developed, preferably within a data warehouse implementation and therefore including data manipulation, and of reporting