RC Fornax is looking for a Systems Engineer to work on the system design phase for one of the latest Electronic Warfare systems, delivering into the Royal Navy.
This will be based 3 days per week on site in Crawley, and the rest working from home.
You must be a UK National with active SC Clearance for this role.
- Expertise in requirements engineering using DOORS specifically the interpretation of customer requirements through a design to the creation of decomposed / allocated requirements for each sub-system.
- Expertise in the analysis of customer requirements to identify and define a system design that satisfies those requirements and is able to be implemented by the elements of the system. For example, creation of a system design to meet maintenance, availability or quality requirements.
- Able to document designs, capture assumptions and trade-offs, present design to system architects and sub-system leads and obtain team buy-in.
- Experienced in working with complex electronic systems composed of many system elements interfacing using serial and Ethernet interfaces.
- Experience with working with multi-discipline systems and teams – mechanical, analogue and digital electronics, software and firmware.
Preferred Characteristics – 1 or more of the following:
- Experience of system design and standards for military projects ideally with experience of the naval domain
- Experience of EW system design and preferably Radar Electronic Support Measures
- Experience of RF system design in either comms or radar systems
- Experience of leading multi-discipline design teams
- Experience in the use of JIRA or similar task management tools
- Knowledge of MBSE, possibly SysML and ideally Capella.
- Identify, document and agree with sub-system owners a system level design concept to satisfy a specific set of non-functional customer requirements such as BITE or command and control
- Define and document interfaces between internal system elements and between the system and external systems.